6 years ago
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Getting on with Life
My soon-to-be-ex-husband has been weird. A week ago Sunday he sent me a big long email basically asking if I left him for another man because I don't seem too upset about everything so obviously I must have found solace with someone else. The whole thing is hard of course but since it's what I want and not what he wants then wouldn't it make sense that I wouldn't be having as hard a time as he is? Frankly I'm a lot happier now, it's been such a relief to not have to deal with his family especially with Father's Day and his mom's birthday this past weekend. But the weird thing is after I moved my cats to my new place he apparently emailed my mom and my sister about stuff and mentioned about the cats to them. I think it's creepy that he's emailing them. Maybe he wants to have some sort of connection with me still or he maybe he just can't talk to his family about it since he's probably now an outcast for being on the divorce track. I'm pretty sure he went to visit his family this past weekend (for Father's Day and his mom's bday) but when I asked him about it because I wanted to stop by the house he was shifty about saying where he'd be. He doesn't want me in the house when he's not there but I finally convinced him to stop being so weird and let me have access to my shit! So I told him I was going to get some clothes and he texts me Monday that when I said clothes I must have meant the camping stuff since I took that. A while back he said he didn't care about that stuff so I figured I'd take it while I was there and I'm going camping for my friend's wedding at the end of July since I can't really afford to stay in a hotel for 2-3 nights. Ugg! I really need to get the paper work going so we can get this over with. I've sort of been dragging my feet because I've been working a lot and then the rest of the time I'm out having fun and enjoying summer and don't want to deal with dreary divorce crap. I'll have to work on it tomorrow. Is it totally horrible that I just want to get on with my life? I feel bad for him, but it really isn't like this came out of the blue. I think in March/April when I didn't get pregnant again and had a really weird short cycle things just snapped for me and I decided I didn't want to try anymore. Then it was like why am I still with him because that was really all we had in common at that point. What kind of marriage is it when you only have sex to conceive and it's more of a chore than anything else. I was no longer attracted to him either and with his family and religious stuff, it was hanging by a thread for a while. I don't know how to explain it to people, no one questions you when you say you're getting married but you get the 3rd degree when you say you're getting divorced. Have you ever heard someone say: "Why are you getting married??? Why not just stay the way things are??"
Labels:
anger,
insensitive family,
miscarriage,
random,
religion,
trying again,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. I'm glad you had a minute to update us.
This isn't something I talk about often, because with my first marriage, I was engaged at 18 and got married at 22, only to be divorced four years later. You're describing exactly how I felt (and we didn't have any of the TTC business to deal with)...like a HUGE weight had been lifted off my shoulders because I was DONE. There was no abuse, no other man...I just was done. My ex tried to make sense of it...reached out to my parents, insisted I had an affair, etc.
I wanted to tell you all that because there's nothing wrong with you. It's perfectly ok to feel how you're feeling and, frankly, I'm glad that you had the courage to recognize your feelings and take the steps you needed to take to make yourself happy.
Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! You are so strong and brave and I am glad you are finding happiness. Sorry your ex is having such a hard time with things but he will find happiness too. Infertility changes us and forces us to focus on what is really important in life.
Post a Comment